We now manually approve all new user accounts due to a large influx of spam bots. Accounts are normally approved within 48 hours.
If you need any help with using this Wiki, please ask here: TalkFord.com Wiki Submission Forum
Rear Bumper Removal
|How long does this take?||????|
These instructions apply to the hatchback and saloon versions.
- Remove the fixings on the rear wheelarch liners to enable you to pull the liners away where they meet the rear bumper. The easiest way to do this is to have the rear of the car on stands and the back wheels removed but this isn't essential.
- When you pull the liners back you will reveal the screws securing the bumper, 2 each side - remove these.
- Crawl under the car and you will see some metal pressed steel nuts which hold the underside of the bumper to the spare wheel well. These should come off quite easily.
- Open the boot and there are two TORX screws, one each side, near to the tail lights - take these out.
- Now unclip the bumper at the sides and it will just pull off.
(Written in a post by DJAZS, submitted by 52graphite. Feel free to expand with further clarification, pictures, estate instructions etc.)
For the estate models there are no screws holding the bumper on other than those 2 small 8mm bolts in either wheel arch. When refitting the bumper on the estate it may be neccesary to align the bumper on the clips first, then slide it forward to hook over the 2 protrusions that are at the front of the plastic locating slats nearest the bumper.
I followed this guide and spent an eternity looking for these 2 extra bolts before succuming to temptation and pulling with all my might.
I will upload some pictures of the removed bumper to show where it clips into the bodywork plastic.
On the ST versions you will need to remove a small peice of undertray and avoid leaning the bumper on the exhaust as it will snag on the tailpipes and not come off cleanly, idealy this requires 2 peole to keep it level when removing.