We now manually approve all new user accounts due to a large influx of spam bots. Accounts are normally approved within 48 hours.
If you need any help with using this Wiki, please ask here: TalkFord.com Wiki Submission Forum
Oil Change - TDCi
Courtesy of TalkFord.com
|Ford Model:||Mondeo Mk3|
|How long does this take?||2 hrs|
1) Safely jack car up and onto suitable supports (eg, jackstands)
2) Underneath the engine, protecting it from the road, is the engine cover. This is secured with a multitude of Torx screws. Remove all of these and remove the cover.
3) Locate the position of the oil drain plug, which is located at the rear of the sump.
4) Place suitably large container underneath the oil drain plug (over 6 litres).
5) Unscrew the oil drain plug.
6) Remove the oil filler cap (this speeds up the draining process as air can now enter via the top)
7) Have a cup of tea
8) Locate the oil filter, which is just in front of the sump, and has a round plastic bottom, with a hexagonal nut head in the middle.
9) Remove this (be careful of oil draining from here), replace the filter and refit.
10) Refit the oil drain plug (if not already done)
11) Fill engine with new oil, via the oil filler cap. Engine holds about 6 litres. Keep an eye on the oil dipstick when filling.