We now manually approve all new user accounts due to a large influx of spam bots. Accounts are normally approved within 48 hours.
If you need any help with using this Wiki, please ask here: TalkFord.com Wiki Submission Forum
Programming The Mondeo's Remote Central Locking (Both Key Fob Types)
If you need to re-program the ford remote control for any reason here are the instructions for both the early style Mk1 Infra-Red Locking and the later Radio-Frequency type. You can identify your type by looking at the remote key, where the key shaft joins the plastic key housing. If there is a little "glass eye" looking out at the key then you have Infrared locking, if not then it's radio frequency. Further key details are available here
If you are programming a new key for a car which contains a PATS immobiliser then you may need to have a new immobiliser transmitter programmed by Ford. If however you have a damaged/worn key with a removable PATS transmitter then you can carefully remove the glass tube from the old key and swap with the new key. Without a PATS transmitter embedded in your key the new key will unlock and lock the car but will be unable to start it.
Infrared Programming Instructions:
- Put your key into the ignition and turn to position 1 (Radio). After approximately 10 seconds the red alarm control LED (next to the clock) should illuminate. As soon as it comes on remove the key from the ignition - the LED should remain lit.
- Point the remote's "eye" at one of the front door sensors and press the rear button until the light on the transmitter illuminates (Keep the button pressed)
- With the rear button held in press the front button 4 times then release both at the same time. The control lights in both clock and fob will flash 4 times to indicate programming complete.
- Turn the ignition back on to exit programming mode
Radio Frequency Programming Instructions:
- Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.
- Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 20 seconds and the red warning system LED (By the clock) stays on continuously to indicate this.
- During the 20 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by flashing the warning system LED.
- Wait until learn mode times out (20 seconds) or switch the ignition back to ON.
Two Stage Unlocking
Possible on all Mk3 cars and some of the later model Mk2 cars with the 3 button remote, this method allows the drivers door to be unlocked on its own with the rest of the doors remaining locked unless the fob's unlock button is pressed a second time. You can switch between modes at any time by following these instructions:
- With both lock and unlock buttons depressed at the same time, wait until the indicator lights flash once. When complete two stage unlocking will be activated / deactivated accordingly.