We now manually approve all new user accounts due to a large influx of spam bots. Accounts are normally approved within 48 hours.
If you need any help with using this Wiki, please ask here: TalkFord.com Wiki Submission Forum
Headlight wiring for Mondeo Mk4
Colour codes for the Mk4 Mondeo headlight wiring, shamelessly "obtained" from a post 4titx made on one of the affiliated forums.
Left headlamp unit
- LH Ignition Live: Violet/White
- LH Sidelight: Yellow/Blue
- LH Dip beam: Brown/Blue
- Negative: Black/Yellow
Right headlamp unit
- RH ignition Live: Violet/White
- RH Sidelight: Brown/Yellow
- RH Dip beam: Blue/Green
- Negative: Black/Violet
What use is this to me?
There can be many reasons, but one good example is a popular mod for the Mk4.0, which is to fit aftermarket daytime running light (DRL) units. If the kit contains one ballast that drives both units, a good location to fit it would be underneath the left headlight.
That way, you don't have to tap into the ground wire of the lamp itself. Just crimp on a ring connector and screw it to the chassis using one of the existing six or so nuts below the air filter box.
Then, wire up the +12V inputs using one of the methods below:
- T-tap (quick and dirty)
- Splice, solder, and cover with shrink tubing (reliable and beautiful, if done right)
- Home made tap loom using bullet/blade connectors and spare wires (if you're uncomfortable with splicing, but good with a crimping tool)