We now manually approve all new user accounts due to a large influx of spam bots. Accounts are normally approved within 48 hours.
If you need any help with using this Wiki, please ask here: TalkFord.com Wiki Submission Forum
Glow Plugs - Changing TDDi / TDCi
|How long does this take?||????|
Tips for removal
- Soak around them with WD40 and then drive the car so it warms up. note only do them with a warm car!
- When you're done soak them again for about 10 minutes; this will give you time to get the wire off etc.
- Firstly you need to use a 1/4" drive with a long reach socket. do not use any bigger drive.
- Crack them loose first - shouldn't take much effort really
- Next undo them slowly but soon as you feel the tension getting tighter then turn them to tighten back up but only go about half a turn.
- Then you turn back to loosen them: only go into the tension a little bit then repeat the process over and over.
- Be patient and don't think you can go into the tension more because I guarantee they will end up snapping.
- Light movements on the ratchet, and hold the ratchet closest to where the socket fits on when you're undoing, not the furthest end of the bar.
If you are patient they will all come out without any problems.
WARNING IF THE GLOW PLUGS CREAK WHEN YOUR UNDOING THEM DO NOT GO INTO THE CREAK MUCH AT ALL. DONT BE CONFIDENT AND THINK YOU CAN IT MAY END UP IN DISASTER VERY EASILY EVEN IF YOU GOT 3 OF THEM OUT ALREADY DONT TAKE ANY CHANCES COULD END UP COSTING YOU A FORTUNE TO SORT OUT. PATIENCE PAYS OFF!!