We now manually approve all new user accounts due to a large influx of spam bots. Accounts are normally approved within 48 hours.
If you need any help with using this Wiki, please ask here: TalkFord.com Wiki Submission Forum
EGR Valve - Blocking
|How long does this take?||????|
EGR Valve - Blocking On A Mk3
- Open the bonnet and remove the engine cover. As you stand in front of the car, look down to the right hand side of the engine and towards the back, you will see your EGR valve. It looks like this...
- Look closely and you will see a small L shaped rubber pipe coming from it: simply pull off this rubber pipe, like this...
- Get a nice ball bearing (I used one out of the spout on a rabbits drinking bottle, it fits perfectly!)
- Squeeze the ball bearing into the rubber L shaped pipe - a little oil or WD40 might be needed
- Finally, reconnect the rubber L shaped pipe to the EGR valve and hey presto, 1 blocked EGR valve. This is a 5 minute job, but please make sure the engine is cold before you do this mod - otherwise you might burn your arms!